Calling your members of Congress is one of the most powerful ways to make your voice heard. We provide step-by-step call instructions and the phone numbers you need.
Calls to our U.S. members of Congress take only a couple of minutes. Follow these steps to make sure you are heard:
- Use a call script from 5Calls or jot down what you want to say ahead of time. This way you can be clear and concise on the call.
- When you call you may get a live person, or voice mail. Either way, it is fine to simply read the script. If you reach a person, you have the option of engaging and asking questions.
- Limit each call to one topic.
- Call both the DC and local offices with the same message.
- Include your name and say you are a constituent. Staff answering the phones for Representatives will often want your address and/or email, as well.
- Consider including a statement that you do not need a response to the call – that helps the staffer quickly figure out where and how to log your call. Responses you might get are typically form letters with little actual meaning.
- End the call by thanking the person taking the message.
- Nervous about contacting your representative? Consider calling after hours and leaving a voicemail, sending a fax, or using Resistbot.
Georgia's U.S. Senators' Phone Numbers
Georgia's U.S Representatives' Phone Numbers
Here is a link to find your Representative. If you already know who your Representative is we’ve provided the information for you below.
DISTRICT 12 - RICK ALLEN
DC office (202) 225-2823
Augusta, Georgia office (706) 228-1980
Dublin, Georgia office (478) 272-4030
Statesboro, Georgia office (912) 243-9452
Vidalia, Georgia office (912) 403-3311
Georgia's State Legislators
Call your state legislators to provide your input on Georgia state laws and issues. Begin by visiting https://openstates.org/ to find the phone numbers for your state senator and state representative - you will have one of each. Enter your address and you'll see them on the right, along with your district numbers. Click the names to get their phone numbers.
When calling Georgia Capitol phone numbers, note that the senate staff do not always say the Senator's name when they answer the phone; that is ok. Representatives, however, share office space and staff, so be sure to specify which representative you are leaving the message for. When calling "district office" numbers, be aware that these are often the office numbers for the member's other career. Staff is typically able to take a message related to the member's position with the state legislature.
Because the Lieutenant Governor oversees the movement of legislation through the senate, we suggest that each time you contact your state senator, you also consider contacting the Lieutenant Governor's office:
Lt. Governor Geoff Duncan
Phone: (404) 656-5030
Fax: (404) 656-6739
“When the whole world is silent, even one voice becomes powerful.”